Five-month-old boy dies after co-sleeping with mother
MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office is investigating the death of a five-month-old boy who was co-sleeping with his mother at a home on the city's north side.
The medical examiner's report says the infant was brought to St. Joseph's Hospital emergency room just before 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 1st. The report indicates the "mother brought the baby to the hospital after finding him unresponsive in bed with her." The two were co-sleeping in a queen-sized bed.
The child was pronounced dead by hospital officials around 4:15 p.m. An autopsy was performed and no trauma was noted. The cause of death is pending further toxicology.
This is the 16th unsafe sleep environment death in Milwaukee for 2013.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.