WAUKESHA -- Chip spent the morning at the NFPA Fluid Power Challenge -- which is a competition where eighth graders use fluid power to solve an engineering problem.
NFPA Fluid Power Challenge (website)
The NFPA Fluid Power Challenge is a competition that challenges eighth grade students to solve an engineering problem using fluid power. They work in teams to design and build a fluid power mechanism, and then compete against other teams in a timed competition.
The NFPA Fluid Power Challenge:
- Actively engages students in learning about fluid power.
- Gives support and resources to teachers for science and technology curriculum.
- Creates a learning environment where math and science are fun.
- Encourages students to acquire a diversity of teamwork, engineering and problem-solving skills.
- Introduces eighth graders to careers in the fluid power industry.
- Helps build a strong workforce for tomorrow.