MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Department of Public Works will be modifying certain operations due to the Fourth of July holiday.
Here is a list of changes that residents need to know.
Garbage, recycling, and drop-off centers
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on Monday, July 4. Reminder: Collection days shift forward after each city holiday. Review the schedule at milwaukee.gov/sanitation.
- Drop-off centers will be closed on Monday, July 4.
Parking enforcement, tow lots
- No parking meter or hourly restriction enforcement on July 4.
- No overnight parking enforcement on Sunday night into Monday morning (July 4 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.) and Monday night into Tuesday morning (July 5 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.) However, vehicles still must be legally parked and not in violation of any posted parking regulations.
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning (July 6 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.).
- Tow lots will be open Monday, July 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Milwaukee Water Works
- The customer service center will be closed for the holiday on Monday, July 4 for in-person and live telephone assistance.
- Automated account information and bill payment will remain available by calling 414-286-2830.
- Customers can pay their bill and check account balances online anytime at milwaukee.gov/water.
- For water emergencies, customers are asked to call the 24-hour control center at 414-286-3710.