Homestead High School students reach plea deal in sex assault case

MEQUON -- Two Homestead High School students accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl have reached a plea deal.

18-year-old Deangelo Dantzler and Brent Anderson pleaded not guilty to second-degree sexual assault charges.

All three involved say they were drinking at the time of the incident, and the sex was consensual, however, a 14-year-old cannot legally give consent to sex.

In a 43-page police report obtained by FOX6, a father discovered a sexually oriented text message on his child’s phone, and took it to Homestead High School officials, and the investigation began. When the school told the 14-year-old girl and her father the consequences for the drinking and sex acts at the high school, the police report says “the father became very upset, and started to yell ‘Forget about this whole thing. This never happened,’ and threw his arms up in the air.”

Police say they were able to calm the father down, and gave all three students involved citations for underage drinking. Later, the girl’s father came back, and told school officials his daughter was raped. The attorney for the 14-year-old girl told FOX6 the same thing. However, police say neither the victim, nor her attorney showed up for a meeting where a child protection specialist was going to interview the girl.

Reports show police also checked out a rumor that Dantzler had audio and video recordings of the sexual assault on his cell phone. Dantzler denied that, and wouldn’t talk to officers, and police never got his cell phone.

In a signed statement before those rumors surfaced, Dantzler wrote that his accuser suggested they have intercourse. Afterwards, Dantzler wrote “she wanted a kiss, so I kissed her.”

A 15-year-old boy wrote another statement, telling police the girl came up to him after school that same afternoon, started to touch him, and then performed oral sex on him.

FOX6 attempted to reach the 14-year-old girl’s attorney, Verona Swanigan to find out why the girl didn’t show up to the meeting, but the calls were not returned.

Dantzler and Anderson will be sentenced in November.

Related stories: