Wauwatosa gas leak stopped after worker struck equipment

The Wauwatosa Fire Department closed Glenview Avenue between Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound due to a gas leak on Friday afternoon, Oct. 23.

A We Energies spokesperson told FOX6 News that the flow of gas was stopped just after 5 p.m. 

According to We Energies, a contractor working in the area struck We Energies' equipment causing the leak.

During the incident response, electricity was turned off in the area as a safety precaution.

No injuries have been reported.

FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android.