Chef Feker takes us away to Sicily for the day. Chef Feker makes a delicious Sicilian Chicken Panini. Check it out!
IL MITO’S SICILIAN CHICKEN PANINI
• 1 teaspoon of capers
• 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato
• 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of black Sicilian olives pitted and chopped
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive
• 4, 4-oz chicken breast pounded to even out all sides
• 2 tablespoons of pistachio spread
• 4 oz Fresh baby spinach or lettuce
• 4 oz shaved parmesan
• 8 Thinly sliced red onion slices and soaked in water
• 4 slices of tomato
• 4 individual ciabatta loafs halved and toasted
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and mix.
2. Place chicken in a self-closing bag and pour the mixture on top. Allow to marinate for about 1 to 4 hours.
3. Once ready, grill the chicken 2 minutes per side and let rest.
4. While the chicken is resting, rub the pistachio spread on your toasted bread.
5. Place the onion and the spinach first, the tomato next and then the cheese.
6. Top with your grilled chicken and enjoy.