MILWAUKEE — The Brewers will host the San Francisco Giants on Monday, April 4. The Brewers have released details for Opening Day ceremonies:
• Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 11:10 a.m.
• 50/50 Raffle: The 50/50 Raffle will begin when gates open at 11:10 a.m. Proceeds from the raffle support local nonprofit organizations.
• First Pitch: James Beckum will welcome baseball back to Milwaukee when he throws out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day. Beckum is a former semi-pro baseball player who barnstormed in the days of the Negro Leagues and helped form the Beckum-Stapleton Little League. Founded in 1964, the Beckum-Stapleton Little League has provided over 10,000 children the chance to play organized baseball. It is the longest existing African American Little League in the United States.
• National Anthem: Dan and Mike Attanasio will perform the first anthem of the year. They will carry on the tradition of their grandfather, Joe Attanasio, who traditionally sang the anthem on Opening Day from the time that the Attanasio family purchased the team.
• Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2016 magnetic schedule, presented by Pick ‘n Save and Sargento.
• The 14th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages will participate in the 14th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day. Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park Box Office, Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. Please note, a limited number of parking passes are available for Opening Day.
There will not be overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park this year.