Admirals blank Aeros at the BC, 3-0

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Admirals defeated the Houston Aeros 3-0 on Tuesday night from the Bradley Center. Jeremy Smith stopped all 23 shots that Houston mustered as he picked up his second shutout of the season.

In a hard hitting first period the Admirals broke the scoreless tie with 7:49 to play. Teemu Laakso made a pass up to Victor Barley who was on the blue line. Barley fired one towards the net that Chris Mueller deflected past Matt Hackett putting the Ads up 1-0.

The Ads outshot the Areos 8-5 overall in the first period.

The second period didn't allow many scoring chances for either team until less then ten seconds to play in the period. With the Aeros on a power-play Admirals goaltender Jeremy Smith lost site of the puck after recording a save. As Smith was out of position, Houston’s Jon DiSalvatore had a wide open net, but DiSalvatore couldn’t got the puck on his stick and instead kicked it in and referees Francis Charron and Trent Knorr waved off the goal, keeping the Ads lead a 1-0.

Milwaukee received some lucky breaks from the iron in the third period as the Aeros clanged two shots of the post in the first minute of the period. They were not done hitting the post as wound up clanging two more shots in the period.

The Admirals extended their lead to 2-0 at the 16:10 mark of the third period. Laakso sent on shot on Hackett, which Hackett saved but the puck bounced all the way out to the blue line, where Juuso Puustinen gained control of the puck. Puustinen sent a shot at Hackett and Hackett made another save but let the rebound get to Joel Champagne. Champagne corralled the rebound to beat Hackett.

With 2:08 left in the third Jon Blum scored a short-handed empty net goal from the Admirals zone to seal the game for Milwaukee, 3-0.

Teemu Laakso registered two points (2a) in the contest to pace a balanaced scoring attack for the Ads that saw seven different players on the scoresheet.

The Admirals return action on Friday, February 17th at 7:00 pm when they travel to Oklahoma City to face the Barons.