MILWAUKEE -- Cold? Drink something hot! Registered dietitian Meghan Sedivy with Fresh Thyme joins Real Milwaukee with some drinks you'll want to warm up to.
Cool fall weather makes us want a mug of something warm, especially if we`re out celebrating a big game or even at home around the holidays. Put a fun and healthier spin on your warm beverages by adding superfoods to your drinks like an apple chai latte, coconut white cocoa with matcha marshmallows and a pumpkin latte!
• America`s most popular fall beverage is the pumpkin latte, in fact 200 million pumpkin beverages have been purchased over the last decade. But many don't know that not all pumpkin lattes contain real pumpkin.
• Pumpkin is a nutritional powerhouse, just a half a cup of pumpkin contains 4 g fiber, 200% of your daily vitamin A intake, Vitamin C and more potassium than a banana! It also has iron, Vitamin E to help boost immune health, especially during the cold and flu season.
• In addition to real pumpkin, we use pumpkin pie spice, a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. This blend not only smells delicious but contains antioxidants, fiber, B vitamins, iron, potassium and zinc and tastes amazing too!
1. Heat over medium heat until small bubbles start to appear around the edges
2. Remove from heat and pour into a 32-oz. Insulated travel tumbler or serve immediately
3. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and whipped topping if desired
Coconut White Hot Cocoa
Matcha Mint Marshmallow Recipe:
Apple Chai Latte
Apple Chai Latte Recipe: