Woman dies after being pulled from Kenosha duplex fire
KENOSHA (WITI) -- A 67-year-old woman has died after being pulled from a fire in a duplex in the city of Kenosha on Wednesday morning, April 24th.
The home where the fire broke out is located on 28th Ave. just south of 63rd St. It is a duplex. Firefighters were called to the scene around 9 a.m.
Rescuers found the 67-year-old woman inside the building unconscious. She was revived on the scene and apparently suffered second and third-degree burns. She was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital -- and then airlifted to St. Mary's Burn Center in Milwaukee. She died around 2 p.m.
A man in his 20s, the grandson of the first victim, suffered minor smoke inhalation.
The family of the victim has been worried something like this could happen. That's because the victim had troubles before falling asleep with cigarettes.
Fire officials do not know the cause of the fire at this time. They say they will be sending in investigators soon.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.