"Well over 100mph:" Man whose vehicle slammed into garbage truck was live-streaming joy ride moments prior

PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island -- A man who live-streamed himself on Facebook going more than 100 miles-per-hour through traffic was in critical condition in the hospital after crashing his car. Rhode Island police say the 20-year-old driver's car flew into the center median and slammed into a garbage truck.

Rhode Island State Police say the video is a perfect example of what NOT to do while driving.

It shows Onasi Olio-Rojas on a high-speed joy ride on Route 10 and Route 6 in Providence, Rhode Island.

"He's well over 100 miles-per-hour in a congested area. Several lane changes, in and out of traffic. In the break-down lane. Back to lanes of travel," Captain John Allen with Rhode Island State Police said.

Streaming live on Facebook, Olio-Rojas filmed the speedometer on his dashboard -- showing he was traveling at 109 miles-per-hour.

"It's a grand slam of things not to do. Phone in your hand. No seat belt. Traveling at a high rate of speed. In and out of traffic," Allen said.

State police verified the video's authenticity by comparing it to RI-DOT traffic cameras. They said they're positive Olio-Rojas was the driver -- videotaping his reckless driving moments before he crashed.

The video cut out just before Olio-Rojas hit a garbage truck and lost control.

An accident reconstruction team said his Honda was traveling at about 90 miles-per-hour when it hit the truck, which was barely damaged.

Olio-Rojas' car was destroyed, and it took firefighters awhile to get him out.

"I've never seen anything like that -- and for other people to watch it, I would hope it's eye-opening for anyone else," Allen said.

State police say Olio-Rojas has a lengthy traffic record. Police reached out to Facebook -- putting in a legal request for the social media network to save that live stream.

The video will be used as evidence against Olio-Rojas in court.

"How do you beat the video? I don't think you can. I think it pretty much puts the nail on the coffin for Mr. Olio-Rojas," Allen said.

Traffic was backed up for more than two hours after the crash.

Olio-Rojas now faces a number of charges.