Propane leak at Dane County daycare center sends contractors to hospital

MOUNT HOREB, Wis. — Authorities say four contractors were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning from a propane leak at a daycare center in Mount Horeb Thursday at a time when about 50 children were in the facility.

None of the children were hurt.

The Dane County Sheriff's Office says first responders arrived at Hearts and Hands Children’s Center at about 2:45 p.m. All of the children were medically evaluated onsite and none showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, the State Journal reported.

“The kids are all fine, and those (workers) who were affected by the propane leak were treated and taken to the hospital,” Lt. Brian Hayes said.

The children were released to their parents by late afternoon, Hayes said.