Oconomowoc home being renovated a total loss after fire breaks out

OCONOMOWOC (WITI) -- Fire officials were on the scene of a house fire that broke out in a home on Franklin Street in Oconomowoc on Thursday, September 25th.

Fire crews were called out to the scene shortly before 5:00 p.m.

Fire officials tell FOX6 News the home was vacant -- as it was being renovated at the time of the fire.

It is believed the fire may have been sparked by too many electrical plugs in an outlet -- or a gas line that caught fire and allowed the fire to spread.

No one was injured.

The home is a total loss, according to fire officials.

We're told five departments were called out to assist with this fire. It was called in by construction crews working in the area near the home.