Man taken to burn unit via Flight for Life after using motor oil and gas to start campfire

TOWN OF TRENTON (WITI) -- Washington County Sheriff's officials say a 43-year-old man suffered second and third-degree burns this weekend after he used motor oil and gas to start a campfire in his backyard.

It happened on Sunday, May 17th just before 7:30 p.m.

Sheriff's officials say as the mixture of motor oil and gas was poured into the man's fire pit, a flare up occurred. The gas can started on fire, and the man was burned.

The man had to be taken to the hospital via Flight for Life, for treatment in a burn unit.

Alcohol was a factor in this incident, Sheriff's officials say.