Game day food facts: Americans to consume the most amount of food on Super Bowl Sunday
LOS ANGELES - From pizza to chips and wings to beer, Super Bowl Sunday is known for its food!
After Thanksgiving, Americans will consume the most amount of food on Super Bowl Sunday.
According to TigerFitness, the average household buys about 6,000 calories worth of snacks per person.
RELATED: Super Bowl LVI: Where to eat near SoFi Stadium
Below is a list of Super Bowl food facts from TigerFitness.
- 1.3 billion chicken wings will be consumed
- 11.2 million pounds of potato chips will be smashed
- 139.4 million pounds of avocados will be purchased
- 3.8 million pounds of popcorn will be made
- 3 million pounds of nuts will be consumed
- 325.5 million gallons of beer will be consumed
- $2.37 million will be spent on soda
- 12.5 million pounds of bacon will be consumed
- 10 million pounds of ribs will be consumed
- 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips will be eaten
Get your top stories delivered daily! Sign up for FOX 11’s Fast 5 newsletter. And, get breaking news alerts in the FOX 11 News app. Download for iOS or Android.
Tune in to FOX 11 Los Angeles for the latest Southern California news.