Fire damages office at St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store

RACINE (WITI) -- Fire damaged an office at the Racine St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store on LaSalle St. Thursday morning, January 23rd.

Emergency crews were dispatched to the building just after 8 a.m. The fire was out in about 20 minutes.

Officials say the cause of the fire appears to be a space heater in a back office that had papers and other objects too close to it.

Nobody was hurt -- the manager of the store was the only one in the building at the time.