Antique cars lost in Hartford garage fire sparked by lightning

HARTFORD (WITI) -- Washington County Sheriff's official say a garage caught on fire in the 7300 block of County Highway O on Tuesday, April 9th. Officials believe this fire may have been sparked by lightning.

Officials say the 2,400 square foot garage was fully engulfed when officials arrived at the scene.

The Hartford Fire Department was assisted by the Ashippun, Lebanon, Neosho, Richfield, St. Lawrence, Slinger and Stonebank Fire Departments.

The fire was put out, however, most of the contents inside the garage are being considered a total loss.  The garage contained numerous antique cars, along with several other vehicles and other tools.

The total loss is estimated at around $125,000.

There were no injuries as a result of this blaze and no one was home at the property at the time of the fire.

The highway was shut down for approximately four hours while firefighters battled the blaze.