MILWAUKEE -- Love a good burger? What if we told you you could make it healthier without sacrificing the flavor? Heather Ferber of Better Health by Heather joins Real Milwaukee to help us make a better burger.
Turkey burgers are an excellent alternative to beef burgers. These burgers are a great way to sneak in some white beans which boost fiber, antioxidants, and amylase inhibitors which help control blood sugars, oxidative stress and weight gain, respectively. Eventually you can increase the beans even a bit more.
1. Smash beans in a small bowl
2. Mix smashed beans and ground turkey together
3. Mix all dried ingredients in a small bowl (cumin, garlic powder, paprika, flax, and sea salt)
4. Add mustard, tamari and water to dried ingredients and mix well.
5. Add seasoning mixture and chopped spinach to meat mixture and blend well.
6. Form into approximately 6 patties
7. Grill over medium heat
8. Serve on favorite sprouted buns with creative toppings
Favorite Burger Buns