Watch: Video shows encounter in which police say Dariaz Higgins threatened 'to shoot' officer

Deloise Lipsey

MILWAUKEE -- A woman prosecutors said traveled with the man accused of killing the mother of his child in Milwaukee is charged with harboring and aiding a felon. The criminal complaint filed against Deloise Lipsey appears to indicate Noelani Robinson died before Sierra Robinson. We also learned Thursday, March 21 Higgins told police he "was going to shoot and kill" a Michigan officer with the weapon used to kill Sierra Robinson during an encounter outside a hotel while Higgins was on the run -- and we received video of that encounter.

A criminal complaint said Deloise Lipsey, 31, was with Dariaz Higgins, 34, for several days before and after Sierra Robinson, 24, was fatally shot and another woman was wounded March 11 near 91st and Mill.

The complaint said Lipsey knew about the homicide, but did not contact police.

Lipsey responded to the charges in a Facebook post Thursday:

According to the criminal complaint, police interviewed Lipsey on March 16 -- the day after a body preliminarily identified as that of 2-year-old Noelani Robinson was located in Minnesota, and three days after Higgins' arrest in Milwaukee.

Dariaz Higgins, Sierra Robinson, Noelani Robinson

Lipsey indicated she lives in Milwaukee and Las Vegas -- and "decided to return to Milwaukee because that is where her family is and because she has an open case" in the city.

Lipsey was charged Jan. 3 with two counts of theft of movable property from a person/corpse after prosecutors said she and another woman asked people for hugs on New Year's Eve 2018, and pick-pocketed them.

Deloise Lipsey arrested in NYE 2018 hugging/pick-pocketing case

Dariaz Higgins

Ten days prior to the interview, on March 6, Lipsey told police she was in Las Vegas and received a phone call from Dariaz Higgins. He "told her to fly to Minnesota to meet him." On March 8, Lipsey arrived in Minneapolis and was picked up by Higgins and another person. The three of them drove for about an hour and a half "to a city she had never been to before. She found out the next morning that she was in Austin, Minnesota." She said on March 9, she stayed at a motel while Higgins was gone all day.

The complaint said Lipsey and Higgins left Austin for Minneapolis on March 10, with a "black Nissan that Higgins had as a rental." Before they left, Higgins "went to his room and got the 'trash' out of the room." Lipsey said that it was not unusual for them to take their trash from hotel rooms as they frequently have leftover drug evidence. The complaint said Higgins put the "trash" into the tailgate area of the Nissan and they drove off.

According to the criminal complaint, Lipsey and Higgins then drove to Minneapolis. On the way, Higgins wanted Lipsey to "take a side road." They then drove until Higgins said he had to urinate. When they pulled to the side of the road, the Nissan got stuck. Higgins "then opened the back tailgate to get rid of the trash, but another vehicle pulled up and that person helped to push the Nissan out of the snow." Once driving again, Higgins told Lipsey to pull over a few miles later. The complaint said "Higgins then got out, opened the rear tailgate, and threw out the 'trash.'"

Noelani Robinson's body found in Minnesota

Higgins and Lipsey then drove to Minneapolis, but then Higgins "said that he needed to get money from Rochester," so they drove there.

Shooting near 91st and Mill

They arrived in Milwaukee early on the morning of March 11. The complaint said after doing drugs and buying liquor, Higgins and Lipsey parted ways in the late morning. Around 1 p.m. that day, Higgins is accused of fatally shooting Sierra Robinson and injuring another woman near 91st and Mill.

Sierra Robinson

The complaint said Higgins and Lipsey met up on the afternoon of March 11, and soon got back on the road. Lipsey received a phone call from a person she knows. The complaint said this person "asked her where she was, and she lied to the person and said that she was alone." The person she was talking to then told her that Higgins had shot two women multiple times, killed "Cherish," and taken the baby. Higgins then told her to put the phone on speaker, which she did, and she then told the person that she was OK. At this point, "she was scared, but decided to play along with Higgins."

That night, an Amber Alert was issued for 2-year-old Noelani Robinson.

Noelani Robinson, Dariaz Higgins

Lipsey and Higgins drove through Chicago toward Michigan -- first Detroit and then in the Lansing area. They spent the night at a motel. On March 12, after sleeping, the complaint said Lipsey needed to go to Walmart. While there, Lipsey, "asked (Higgins) what he needed and he told her bleach" -- which she bought for him, but did not know why he needed it.

Dariaz Higgins

Gun used to shoot and kill Sierra Robinson

After the visit to Walmart, the two parked behind a hotel and "were smoking marijuana, taking pills and drinking Hennessy." While doing that, the complaint said "two police cars pulled into the lot and pulled up onto them. A police officer asked her for her ID and she gave it to him. As she was doing that, another police officer asked Higgins for his ID and Higgins pulled off, leaving her behind. The other police car chased Higgins." The officer talked to Lipsey, but the complaint said "she did not tell him that the car being chased was being driven by a murder suspect."

Police in Livonia, Michigan offered more details on and video from the officer's encounter with Higgins and Lipsey:

Higgins was arrested the next day, March 13, in Milwaukee, along with another man.

A body believed to be Noelani Robinson's was found two days later, March 15, in Minnesota. The medical examiner said Robinson suffered blunt force trauma to the head.

During the interview with Milwaukee police on March 16, Lipsey said "she 'messed up' by not alerting somebody or notifying the police in Michigan about Higgins, and by continuing to secure hotel rooms for him after she knew he was wanted for shooting and killing the child's mother and shooting the other woman."

Sierra Robinson, Noelani Robinson, Dariaz Higgins

Higgins faces one count of first degree intentional homicide and one count of first degree recklessly endangering safety for the shooting at 91st and Mill. He made his initial appearance in court on March 17, and cash bond was set at $1 million. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for March 25.

Noelani Robinson's death remains under investigation.

Deloise Lipsey made her initial appearance in Milwaukee County court on March 20. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for April 1, and she was released on $3,500 signature bond. If convicted on the harboring charge, Lipsey faces up to 10 years in prison and $25,000 in fines.

Below is a timeline of important events in this case, according to prosecutors: