BELOIT (WITI) -- Officials believe a house explosion that injured two people on Sunday night, July 7th may have been caused by a gas leak.
The blast happened just before 8:00 p.m. Sunday at a Beloit home.
Two people were trapped inside the rubble, and crews had to rescue a 33-year-old woman -- and a 37-year-old man. The man was reportedly trapped in the rubble for nearly two hours.
Both are expected to be okay.
A preliminary investigation points to a natural gas leak, but fire officials want to confirm that with physical evidence.
Fire officials say two pets were inside the home at the time. One died, and another survived.