Three people displaced after fire at home in Village of Summit

VILLAGE OF SUMMIT (WITI) -- Three people were displaced following a fire that occurred at a home on Sunset Drive in the Village of Summit on Tuesday afternoon, May 19th.

A mother and a 22-year-old and 14-year-old were able to escape safely.

It happened shortly before 4:00 p.m.

It is believed the fire started in the kitchen.

Two dogs died in the fire, and two cats were able to be saved.

The family is staying at a hotel, and the Red Cross is assisting them with food and transportation.