Shed destroyed by fire believed to have begun in leaf pile in Town of Jackson

TOWN OF JACKSON (WITI) -- Jackson Fire officials say a fire believed to have begun in a leaf pile destroyed a shed on Sunday afternoon, November 2nd.

It happened shortly before 4:30 p.m.

Sheriff's officials were notified of a 30-by-30 shed on fire at a residence on Spring Valley Road in the Town of Jackson. A homeowner had advised that the fire started from leaves that had ignited.

Upon arrival of the first Sheriff's deputy, the structure was fully engulfed in flames. The structure was located in a wooded area directly north of the residence.

Fire officials found flames spreading to the north of the wooded area.

The homeowner advised he was blowing leaves with his riding lawnmower and he noticed smoke coming from underneath the machine. Leaves under the machine started on fire, which quickly spread to the southeast corner of the shed.

The fire was extinguished, and the structure and contents were a total loss.

No one was injured.