Several departments called out to barn fire in Town of Marshfield Saturday night

TOWN OF MARSHFIELD (WITI) -- Several fire departments were called out to a barn fire in the Town of Marshfield on Saturday night, November 1st.

It happened at the David and Jacquoline Meinert Farm on Pine Road shortly before 9:00 p.m.

Fire officials say a heifer barn was extensively damaged, and one heifer died in the fire.

No one else was injured.

Fire officials say this fire doesn't appear suspicious in nature.

It is believed the fire started as a result of a spark from a machine used to blow hay for bedding.