One dead following carbon monoxide incident in Mt. Pleasant

MOUNT PLEASANT (WITI) -- 59-year-old Geri Wells of Mount Pleasant was found dead Thursday night, April 4th by police following a carbon monoxide complaint in a condominium complex.

According to officials, police responded to the 3200 block of Wood Road around 11:28 p.m. after receiving a call from a resident regarding a carbon monoxide detector.

Upon arrival, police began notifying each residential unit that may be affected.

No reports were received of any illnesses related to the CO initially and all residents who exited were not injured in any way.

After further investigation officials discovered a large amount of carbon monoxide emitting from a unit's garage. Upon entry, officers found Wells.

The cause of death has yet to be determined.

This incident is under investigation by Mount Pleasant Police Investigators and the Racine County Medical Examiner’s Office.