Home in Town of Sheboygan evacuated due to gas leak

SHEBOYGAN (WITI) -- A Sheboygan family was evacuated from their residence late Wednesday night, November 26th because of a gas leak.

The Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call reporting that a gas meter was stuck at a residence in the 2500 Block of Indiana Avenue around 11 p.m. Sheriff's Deputies and Sheboygan Police Department Officers responded to the area and shut down Indiana Avenue between S. 20th Street and Taylor Drive.

One family was evacuated from a residence, as a precaution.  The Town of Sheboygan Fire Department and Town of Sheboygan First Responders also assisted at the scene.  The Gas Company responded and was able to cap the gas leak at 12:03 a.m.

The road was reopened at 12:55 a.m. and there were no injuries