Gas leak forces several Menomonee Falls families to evacuate homes

MENOMONEE FALLS -- A gas leak forced several Menomonee Falls families from their homes early Saturday morning, September 5th.

Around 12:30 a.m., emergency crews were dispatched to a home on Aberdean Dr. near St. Andrews Dr. for a report of a broken gas meter.

Crews evacuated neighboring homes -- and the gas was shut off within 15 minutes. We Energies was called to fix the leak.

Nobody was hurt -- and everyone who had to be evacuated is now back in their homes.