Franklin H.S. temporarily evacuated following natural gas odor

FRANKLIN (WITI) -- Franklin High School was temporarily evacuated Thursday morning, May 9th following reports of a smell of natural gas in the building.

We Energies was called to the scene, and after a thorough investigation, it was determined that the odor was not natural gas.

According to officials, the fire department removed what they believe to the source of the odor and determined the building safe for students and staff.

Monitor FOX6 News and for updates on this developing story.