Five taken to hospital following carbon monoxide leak near Greenfield & Layton Boulevard

MILWAUKEE (WITI) --  Five people were transported to the hospital Friday morning, October 17th following a carbon monoxide leak.

Crews responded to a residence near Greenfield Avenue and Layton Boulevard around 5:30 a.m. for a medical alert alarm.

When crews arrived on scene, their carbon monoxide monitors started going off.

Four adults and one child were evacuated and transported to the hospital.

Officials say the leak was caused by a faulty furnace.