Firefighters called out to home in Grafton for malfunctioning pellet stove

GRAFTON -- Fire officials on Wednesday afternoon, February 10th were called out to a home in Grafton for a malfunctioning pellet/wood-burning stove.

No one was hurt.

The stove was inside a home on Port Washington Road near Pioneer Road.

The call for this incident came in shortly before 5:00 p.m. from someone passing by who saw black smoke from a vent and thought it was charring the home.

No one was home at the time of this incident.

There was only minimal damage done to the exterior of the home. The residents will not be displaced.

Cedarburg, Mequon and Port Washington Fire Departments assisted.

Fire in Grafton involving malfunctioning pellet/wood-burning stove