Fire Marshal: House fire was started by a DOG...playing with matches!

CANADA (WITI) -- The Yukon Fire Marshal's Office in Canada says a DOG started a house fire, by playing with matches!

CBC reports the Fire Marshal's Office says the house fire was after a dog chewed on a box of "strike anywhere" type matches.

No one was injured in the November 25th fire.

"Obviously, it's easy enough for a dog to plan an escape when they set fire to their own dog bed," Yukon Fire Marshal Dennis Berry told CBC.

Berry says the fire was out by the time firefighers arrived at the home.

The Yukon Fire Marshal's Office is reminding people to make sure smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working, and to have an escape plan in case of a fire.

CLICK HERE for more on this story via CBC.