PLATTEVILLE (AP) -- Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.
The fire started early Saturday, November 10th. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.
Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.
Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.
The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.