Family of 3 loses nearly everything due to house fire in Milwaukee

MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- A space heater is believed to have caused a house fire near 33rd and Greenfield in Milwaukee.

The Milwaukee Fire Department says the heater burned through some drapes, and the fire spread throughout the home.

A man and his two daughters lived in the apartment, but luckily they were at church at the time of the fire. The homeowner says he and his two daughters lost almost everything they had.

They are currently staying at a nearby hotel.

The estimated damage is around $35,000.

FOX6 News is continuing to monitor this incident and will bring you updates on how you can help this family as soon as more information becomes available.