Elderly couple evacuated from home following chimney fire in South Milwaukee

SOUTH MILWAUKEE -- The South Milwaukee Fire Department responded to a chimney fire inside a home near Monroe and Milwaukee Avenue Saturday afternoon, March 19th.

The call to officials came in at approximately 3:30 p.m.

Fire officials say flames were coming from the chimney, but did not spread to the interior of the home.


Officials say two elderly residents were evacuated from the first floor as a result of the fire.

No injuries were reported.