MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- The Milwaukee Fire Department and We Energies responded to Marquette University Wednesday, January 15th for reports of a gas leak.
According to officials, crews responded to 11th and Wisconsin around 12:15 p.m. after a construction crew struck and damaged a gas line.
Johnston Hall was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Cathy Schulze with We Energies tells FOX6 News that a We Energies gas crew was able to pinch off a one inch natural gas service line around 12:45 p.m. -- and clearance was given to reopen Johnston Hall.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.