Carbon monoxide incident sends 17 to the hospital in Manitowoc

MANITOWOC -- Authorities say a carbon monoxide incident in Manitowoc sent 17 people to the hospital.

The incident happened Monday morning, October 31st on a block that includes the Manitowoc County Republican Party headquarters, a cafe, an appliance store and a jewelry store.

Ten of the sickened lived on the upper level of the buildings. Seven other victims were in Susie Kay's Cafe.

Fire Chief Todd Blaser said authorities were still looking for the source of the carbon monoxide leak.

The victims' conditions weren't immediately known, but Blaser is hopeful everyone will recover. At least one person had to be airlifted to an area hospital.