NEW BERLIN (WITI) -- Officials in New Berlin responded to the Holiday Inn on Beloit Road in New Berlin on Saturday evening, April 5th -- where 17 people were sickened.
Officials say 17 people were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
There were no serious injuries.
"We were dispatched here for some kids and adults having some respiratory issues from the pool area," New Berlin Assistant Fire Chief Joseph Dallman said.
Officials believe the incident was related to chlorine.
The hotel's general manager didn't want to talk with FOX6 News on camera, but said around 7:00 p.m. Saturday, a strong scent of chlorine briefly took over the pool area.
People ran from the area -- some of them vomiting in the hotel's hallways.
"We responded and are transporting roughly about 17 patients just as a precaution," Dallman said.
Ambulances waited as crews inside worked to assess the situation.
"We aired out the pool area and we started treating the patients, taking vitals and stuff like that," Dallman said.
The hotel's general manager says the pool system appears to be functioning properly and the chemical levels are normal.
The pool will be shut down until Monday.
No one is believed to be seriously ill.
"The pool will be shut down for awhile until they can find out exactly what happened," Dallman said.
MONITOR FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates.