Buca di Beppo is opening a brand new location inside the Southridge Mall in Greendale on Wednesday, March 26th. Chef Marcello Cardoza joins FOX6 WakeUp to tell us all about it and give us tips for the perfect meatball.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl (except the marinara and water) and mix thoroughly. Do not over mix -- this will cause the meatballs to become tough. Divide into equal portions and shape into meatballs.
1. Place meatballs in a preheated 325 degree over for 15 minutes until dark brown crust has formed.
2. Remove meatballs from oven and transfer them into a deep casserole dish.
3. Combine marinara and water and pour over meatballs.
4. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
5. Remove meatballs from oven and check the internal temperature of the meatballs. Meatballs are finished when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees for 15 seconds.
6. Place meatballs on a serving platter. Skim the oil from the top of the marinara in the casserole and ladle the marinara over the meatballs.